1992 F150 Long Bed In Need Of A Bed Shell....

Hello all. Anyone have a recommendation for finding a bed shell for my

1992 F150 long bed? I'm not going to be very picky about it. Any help is greatly appreciated. I am in the Louisville, KY area. Thanks!

Brian Tanksley

Reply to
Brian Tanksley

I don't have one but, the bed and cab deminsions are the same for 1980 thru 1996 if you want to expand your field of opportunity.

Reply to
lugnut

Check with local retailers and classified ads. Last year I bought a new cap for my '93 (short bed). I picked an aluminum Century with the rough texture finish. It cost around $600. New caps are made when you order it. If you prefer used, just look around. I found several used long bed caps around here before buying mine new.

The sides of mine have tinted raidus sliding windows. The visibility, particularly at night or in rain, fog or any other weather besides beautiful sunshine, is rather poor. I can't see a thing looking over my left shoulder due to the position of the head rest, the front wall of the cap (next to the front window) and the position of the side window. Looking to the right isn't nearly as bad, except for when I see a projection of the passenger mirror in that window. (it's kind of a neat effect, though -- I look out the passenger side back window and see the passenger side of the truck in a mirror image of the passenger mirror) At night I get a nice reflection of the dashboard lighting in the space between the rear cab window and front cap window. The numerous windows and layers of glass can have some interesting interactions with light. Regardless, I have found the cap to be very handy.

-D

Reply to
Derrick Hudson