1992 ford explorer heater resistor

hi guys i may have missed the reply to my question. wher can i locate the heater resistor? the fan only goes on and full speed. no low or medium. it is a

1992 with 4.0 v-6 engine. EV
Reply to
BIG-EV

The resistor is usually screwed into the heater ducting in the cab under the glove box. Look for a plug with 4-5 wires in the box. Un-plug it and remove a few screws and there it is. Steve

Reply to
Steve

In 98 Ranger, the resistor is accessed from the engine compartment and is in the ductwork. The resistor was fine, but the resistor to harness was totally corroded and falling apart. I was not able to salvage the resistor, so repair was a new resistor with individual lugs crimped onto the harness wires. Don't forget a good diagram before cutting the corroded end off the wires.

John H.

Reply to
Mustmaker