1993 f150 gas milage

I have a 1993 f150 with a 5 liter and automatic transmission. I'm currently gettin 13 mpg. the engine is strong and in good running order. Is there any way to get more? Thanx!!

Reply to
cpca

I've never owned the 5 liter Ford, but that mileage sounds pretty miserable to me. A lot depends on your particular driving habits...Have you ever tried running at 60 mph when you test your mileage?

Reply to
Advocate

This mileage I speak of is with the cruise set at 60.

Reply to
cpca

Reply to
David F. Mishiwiec Sr.

If you guys are talking miles to the US gallon, that is better than I get with my 99 F150 XLT 4x4 SC SB. In the city I get about 20l/100kms (11.7M/USG) and on the highway maybe 15-16 unloaded. Maybe I need a tune-up?

Stephen N.

David F. Mishiwiec Sr. wrote:

Reply to
Stephen N.

I have a '95 Bronco -- essentially an F150 station wagon -- with the 5.8L motor, and I get about the same mileage as you. My brother also has a '95 Bronco with the 5.0L engine, and he also gets the same.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I get about 19-20 mpg on highway with cruise on 59 in a 2005/ F150 with the 5.4 Triton V8. Running K/N air filter and Tufoil mixed with the Ford Synthetic blend Motor Oil.

I think the Tufoil is a major help as I ran it in my Chevy with the 5 liter V8 and put over 240 thousand on that engine. Compression was strong and even on all 8 cylinders when I got rid of that truck.

Don't forget to keep you're tire pressure right too for improved mileage.

Reply to
Someone Somewhere