1994 5.8L miss finally fixed

Below is what I had to deal with. Posted originally a couple of weeks ago. After the Ford dealership re-cleaned the injectors for another $300.00 they told me it needed a new computer. The mechanic said the 1994 had a lot of problems with the computers (1993's too I think). He was right. The new computer was $106.00 at O'Riley's. After all this it runs so smooth I can not tell if it is running--untill I hit the gas!

Original messege I posted a couple of weeks ago follows:

I have a 1994 E150 with 121,000 miles on 5.8L. Transmission replaced at

85,000 with factory rebuilt.

Idle has very slight roughness, hardly noticeable, then it miss fires hard once and again but not as hard. Then a another minute or two of comparatively smooth idle.

While going 60 mph it runs ok, and then it cuts out, causes a lurch.

New parts and work done at pretty decent shop. plugs, wires, rotor, distributor cap, coil, fuel filter & ignition module injectors cleaned at diesel shop fuel pressure checked ok and steady after injectors cleaned.

Runs better but the hard miss/stumble is still there.

Reply to
DO

scott and barb" .

What is TPS???