1995 Bronco 5.8L 4X4

Can someone help me with this?

On cold mornings, the engine misses. If I drive before it gets warm it lugs and I can even hear what sounds like a backfire. It idles at about 1300 rpms, then returns to normal after warmup.

At other times, while waiting for it to warm, the idle will drop to 500 or so until I give it gas, else it might die.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Reply to
Pongado

Could be a dirty or clogged IAC or a EGR valve that is gummed up. I am betting the IAC . they won't throw a code and you can get em at autozone or the like for about 50bucks and you can put them on pretty easy.

Tim

Reply to
Tim G

My bronco is doing the exact same thing. I have yet to find a mechanic to solve the problem, and it has been 3 years and $2500!!! I will try that though, even if it has been tried.

Reply to
bronco99352