1996 bronco radio

I have a bronco with a cd player and was wondering how to get the dash panel off to swap the radio

Reply to
Joe

There are 4 little holes in the faceplate. You have to insert a tool into each of them to release the clips that hold it in while you pull the radio out of the dash. You can use 4 8 penny finishing nail if you work carefull or get the made-for-it tool for about 5 buck as most parts stores. If you use the nails, you can feel them as you push them into contact with the clips. Once you are engaged, push outward on the protruding ends of the nails to unlock the clip and maintain outward pressure as you extract the radio.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

i was a little vague this is an aftermarket cd player

Reply to
Joe

Leaving out little morsels like that is not a good way to find help or make friends on usenet. The only thing I can help with is the stocker. You may want to try Crutchfield for instructions on whatever you now have. IIRC, they have instructions for quite a few different brands along with wiring diagrams. It has been a very long time (years) since I scouted their site.

Good luck Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

Listen buddy i an posting through my samsung gleam bell phone i foot have the time or patience to write every little detail

Reply to
Joe

what you need to do is take th

john...all I have time for......

Reply to
asadi

Every little detail? You asked how to remove a different radio than the one you have - not a little detail. If I ask where the oil filter is in my Ford Ranger, and leave out the fact that it's a 302 conversion, it's not a little detail. You left out the most essential detail there is! You're not trying to remove a Ford radio, and the radio you're trying to remove would come out the same regardless...

Screw it, you don't have time, neither do I.

Reply to
DanKMTB

Listen, buddy, I don't have the time or patience to ask leading questions every time you leave crucial information out.

Reply to
N8N

Listen buddy i an post what you need to do is take th john...all I have time for...... _______________________________________

yes, but don't could be fatal good luck gotta go

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan

I really dont give a shit, your all redneck pieces of shit anyway. You wouldnt stnad a chance where i am in camden NJ. You would be dead in 3 seconds, so go f*ck yourselves and you sister like i did last night.

Reply to
Joe

Then go ask you NJ friends. If that area is as you describe there should be plenty of equipment thieves that rip off other peoples vehicle systems.

Reply to
I. Care

An internet tough guy - ooohhhhh!!!!!!!! Mommy!!!

Please, child. You come here from a model train forum and expect anyone to think you're tough? You PLAY WITH MODEL TRAINS!! That, by default, eliminates any chance you ever had of being tough. My redneck ass would dismember you. Hell, I don't think there's a redneck in the world that couldn't beat the shit out of some limpwrist who plays with model trains.

Reply to
DanKMTB

Please, child. You come here from a model train forum and expect anyone to think you're tough? You PLAY WITH MODEL TRAINS!! Not only that, but you can't figure them out on your own and ask for help with your wittle model twains on the net. That, by default, eliminates any chance you ever had of being tough. My redneck ass would dismember you. Hell, I don't think there's a redneck in the world that couldn't beat the snot out of some limpwrist who plays with model trains.

Reply to
DanKMTB

Oh, and you're going about this 100% wrong. If you were not such a prick you'd have this radio swap done by now - I could walk you through it in less time than it takes you to type one of your ignorant posts.

Where you went wrong is in

Oops, no time!

Reply to
DanKMTB

You are going to need wiring diagrams for the new radio and the right connectors for the install. Is this a stock radio comming out and an aftermarket going in?

Reply to
Michael

I waited several days on this.

I understand that you have an after market radio that affects the initial question.

You do not need to remove the dash panel. You need the tool that comes with the radio to release it from the mounting bracket.

There is a bezel around the radio faceplate that you remove with a small screw driver or equivelent, and a tool that is inserted in between the radio unit and the mounting bracket.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

finally some people who are looking to help, it is an aftermarket radio coming out and going in it is not like that fords that have the tool to release it. i think it is mountedfrom behind the dash. if i look at it through the glovebox i can see it but cante tell how it is mounted

Reply to
Joe

ok so basically im missing a tool because i didnt install the radio?

Reply to
Joe

so im missing the tool, thank you

Reply to
Joe

Virtually all after market radios are mounted the same way. Buy the new radio and look at how it goes in, odds are very good the current radio will come out using the same tool the new radio has.

There is a bezel that is perhaps 3/16" that you pop off with a hook tool or something equivelent. This will expose a slot along the left and right sides that you insert a thin tool into to release a catch-spring, and the radio simply slides out.

The new radio comes with a cage that you set into the radio hole, and bend some tabs to hold it in place in the dash. The radio itself then slides into this cage and a spring-clip latches onto a catch on the side of the radio chassis. The old radio -- which is an after market unit -- will use the same convention to mount it, although the actual parts will differ and may or may not be compatible.

Youi will want to buy the connector that mimics the connector on the back of the Factory Radio, and has the leads market LF, LR, RF, RR, Power, etc., that you splice to the connector pigtail that comes with the new radio. This will allow you to build a pigtail that plugs into the back of the new radio as well as the wiring harness on the truck. If the previous owner cut off the factory connector, then you have to chase the wires down yourself. The Pos and Neg speaker wires will be GRY & GRY/BLK, ORG & ORG/BLK, etc. for the pairs that go to each speaker. RED is switched hot, YEL is constant hot, BLK is ground. You need to verify these colors, but they should be right. If there is a BLU wire, it is used for the power antenna. I don't recall that a '96 Bronco has a power antenna, so there should not be one. If you still have the factory connector, you don't need to know any of this because the pigtail will be labeled as to what each wire goes to.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland