1997 F150 Latiat body kits?

I just purchased my first Ford truck, an 1997 F150 Lariat sytleside short bed pickup. I'm looking to installing a ground effect package to it, but I don't see a lot of kits for this year truck, I see 99-03 but only a few for the 1997.

I was told by someone that the body is the same for the 1997 as for the

1999 style. I am not sure of this info. What years are the same body styles that I can install ground effects kits from another year?

i.e. Can I purchase a ground effect package for a 1999 F150 and install it on my 1997 F150 truck?

Does anybody have any good sites on where to purchase ground effect kits from?

Any comments on my truck I purchased? Any things to keep on eye out for?

When I purchased this truck it did NOT have a keyless remote to un-lock the doors, did the Lariat have this feature installed and whom ever had had the truck before I did, just lost the remote? If it is lost, is there somewhere I can purchase another and have it reprogrammed to unlock my doors?

Perhaps I should check with the dealer ship?

Thanks.

Reply to
SomeBody

I know that the body sides and rear are the same between the 97-98 and the

99-03, but the front bumper is different so any bumper cover from a 99-03 would not fit.

Later... Grant Speed Kills...Drive a Honda, live forever...

Reply to
Forcefan83