1997 F250HD Std Cab Camper Tiedowns

RE: 1997 F250HD Std Cab Camper Tiedowns

I want to install my first camper (9-10 Ft) on this truck. I am getting conflicting opinions about what tiedowns to use. So far I have seen 3 types:

  1. Four downward-bent flat plates that bolt into the stake-slots on top of the bed rails.
  2. A flat bar mounted to the outside front of the bed behind the cab and two eyebolts mounted to the rear bumper.
  3. Two square receiver tubes transverse mounted under the frame with four insertable extender bars.

Are any of these types unsafe for my application? Are there other types which should be considered?

All suggestions appreciated.

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan