1998 F-150 CODE ?

I have code P0171 System too lean (Bank 1) Does Anyone know what is the cause of this problem and how to fix it?

Reply to
Rob

had the same code with my truck, auto zone said o2 sensors, paid close to $300.00 bucks, for sensors, and labor, less then 50 miles the light comes back on, I carried it to the ford dealer, and they put it on their computer, it was a vacuum leak, replaced a rubber fititng on the back of the intake, runs like a new truck, and that was five hundred miles ago o and it only cost me $90.00 at the ford place Good Luck

Reply to
TOMMY-N-KRISTI

Thanks for the advice TOMMY-N-KRISTI I had a look tightened a few things up now i will have to wait and see if the light comes back on. Air breather clamp was almost falling off and a couple hoses were kinda loose.

Reply to
Rob