1998 Ford F150 OEM security alarm too sensitive

My friend's 1998 Ford F150 has an OEM installed security alarm that seems to go off for no apparent reason. He can shut it off with a remote control on his key ring. I know nothing about Ford's unit but an aftermarket alarm I installed some years ago had a sensitivity adjustment that addressed similar issues.

Does any one know if a 1998 F150 has a sensitivity adjustment that the owner can adjust to prevent it going off for no reason?

Thanks,

Larry

Reply to
Larry Webber