1999 Ford F150 Caliper mounting spring question

I just changed the rotors and bearings on the front discs of my 99 2- wheel drive F150.

The question I have is that one of the caliper mounting holes (the ones that slide/and are somewhat springy) seems to be seized. Since I put the wheels back on, the one wheel is very difficult to turn by hand. The truck drives fine. It does pull slightly to the side with the problemed caliper mount.

Do you think the non-springy caliper mount could cause a wheel to be difficult to turn? Are both caliper mounts supposed to be springy? That side has been eating up pads 3 to one over the other side. It also has a new caliper.

Can it be unseized? If not, what do I call the part when I ask the people at the auto parts store?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Reply to
detroitsuperfly

I'm just adding more info here. The rotor isn't bolted down too tightly and the wheel turns freely before I bolt down the caliper.

Reply to
detroitsuperfly

Yep, it was the springy thing!

Reply to