1999 Ford F250 SD 5.4L EGR and O2 sensors and gage cluster

Hello,

I have a 1999 F250 Super Duty 4x4 with a few problems. I just bought it and am unfamiliar with it.

3 Error codes are registered
  1. P0040 Upstream O2 sensors swapped Bank 1 and 2 Where are these sensors? I know they should be before the catalytic converter. How does it know that they are swapped? Do they have separate part numbers one for bank 1 and a different 1 for bank 2. Can these cables reach to swap them?

  1. P0144 O2 sensor circuit high voltage bank 1 sensor 3 How do I know which bank is bank 1? Should I bite the bullet and replace both?

  2. P0401 EGR insufficient flow The EGR valve was just replaced. The problem came back in 300 miles. Is it likely that the DPFE (differential pressure sensor) is reading incorrectly? Or maybe the EGR vacuum regulator is not working?

  1. Entire gage cluster does nothing at startup sometimes, it can . No lights, not readings on any of the gages. Is there anything common to these trucks that makes the entire instrumentation panel intermittent?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks all!

Reply to
Gary Ober

Bank 1 is the bank that contains the #1 cylinder, bank 2 is the other bank.

If the sensors were swapped, why are you asking where they are?

Bank 1 is the bank that houses the #1 Cylinder.

Common? You mean, besides the Ground?

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

The book I have does not show where the sensors are, and I am used to dealing with 4 cylinders. The O2 sensors are usually on the exhaust manifold.

On the gage cluster I was wondering if the assembly develops any cracks due to design, or something like that. I doubted that a faulty ignition switch would cause the gage cluster not to work with everything else working (wipers, fan, radio, all work)

Reply to
Gary Ober

You may find some help for you guage cluster problems here:

samstone

THE O2s ARE LOCATED IN THE Y PIPE BEHIND THE MANIFOLDS THERE IS ONE ON EACH SIE AND THEN DOWN JUST BEFORE THE CONVERTOR IS THE O2 MONITOR(S) IT(THEY) LOOKS JUST LIKE THE O2s

Reply to
eveleighsam