1999 ranger 3.0L I found a leak in my lower radiator T shaped hose, what needs to be taken off

1999 ranger 3.0L I found a leak in my lower radiator T shaped hose.

what needs to be taken off to get to the arconditioning connection. Wow it seems so hard to un-clip the clip and work on it. Anyone ever replace that T shaped hose? Is there a special tool to unclamp the hose clamp in a tight spot a foot away from looking up at it under the truck? I am prepaired to dismount lots of things to get to it but a little advice woiuld help me to keep it simpler.

I just bought this Ford truck 2nd hand.

Funny the same hose leaked on my 1989 volvo and was twice the price but so easy to disconnect on a 4 cylinder engin.

Dick

Reply to
Dick

I also wanted to add that the heat gage seems high at 50 % ( 3 O'Clock) of the dial my old 1987 ranger used to have the heat gage at 15 to 20% of the dial (at 5 O'Clock) I have added some water because it was low, and tested it with presure and then found the pin holes that leacked it. I have not had a chance to see how it heats up with the added water which was a quart low.

Dick

Reply to
Dick

well I replaced the hose after 7 hours of trying swating and fighting in a tight space, but without removing any other parts. I used a 13 inch long longnose to bring the upper clamp of the belt down, before that I tried every kind of pliers and none could fit into that tiny place I had to get to it. and in the end after replacing the hose with anew one and failing to return the clamp to its place, I pulled it down to the intersection and above it installed a screw in stainless steel clamp and pushed it up needing a friend to grab it obove and hold it in place so I could screw in the tightening screw with a socket and a 12 inch extention from the right side ( passanger side) of the engin while it was held down with my friend's finger till I tightened it.

What a bear this was, because I now have a screw in clamp the next hose will be a breeze to take down and replace... How stupid of Ford Not to give us a screw in clamp which can be removed easily instead of a clamp that there is nearly no way to get it off except hard work for hours, because of the tiny space to work in, flanked by all kinds of refrigirants for the air conditioning. All so solid metal tubes blockig the clip wityhout any give to get to it. It had to be reached from under the vehicle rather than from near the top where it sists. Damn I hated the Job....

Dick

Reply to
Dick