1999 ranger faulty open door light

Hi,

Does anyone know where the open door sensor/switch is on a 99 ranger? I am getting a false signal when all doors are very well closed and locked. This causes the cabin light to remain on all the time.

ramon.

Reply to
gonzaleztineo

Google is your friend....

This has been discussed many times on this group in just the last couple of months.

The switches are near the door latch mechanism at the rear edge of the door. Spray contact cleaner or WD-40 into the area, you will probably see a small hole a nozzle extension will fit into near the latch.

Reply to
I. Care

Thanks, my 2002 Ranger just started doing the same thing and I was going nuts trying to find the door switch....

Reply to
Bill Z.

They are in the latches.

Reply to