1999 Ranger R&R waterpump.

Hi,

I have a 1999 Ranger with a 3.0 liter V6, A/C and P/S, two wheel drive. When I run the engine it makes a whining sound. Removed the serpentine belt and ran the engine, no noise. Turned the waterpump by hand and sure enough I heard something. Question, is there anything strange or unusual that one should watch out for in replacing the pump? The Ford Dealership wants $400 to do the job, I said to myself, "WTF, I'll do it myself." Note, I have a Haynes manual that covers 1999 Rangers, it doesn't indicate anything really unusual other than being careful about reinstalling the bolts. Never owned a ford before. Comments or suggestions. Thanks, Lee

Reply to
Lee

mark schofield

Already replaced the serpentine belt with a new one. I'll pickup the thermostat when I get the waterpump. Thanks for the suggestion. Lee

Reply to
Lee