2.3 engine question

Is the 2.3 Ranger engine an interference engine?

Reply to
Cruiser

Nope

Reply to
Bill Beyer

No, Freewheeling. Just changed the belt on our '94 ranger a couple of months ago. I wanted to see how long the original would last. 185,397 miles. Broke in half whilst driving. Changed out the OEM thermostat, water pump, and hoses at the same time. Runs like it did before the incident. (weak) LOL!!

Reply to
Steve Barker

On Wed 24 Dec 2003 12:39:29p, Steve Barker assaulted the computer and came up with this:

haha I couldn't pass this one up... that's far out man... and they say they don't last that long! I changed the original belt at 160,000... there wasn't much left of it. I'm at 216k now, everything's original but the coolant, filters, oil and of course, the timing belt...

Reply to
Dave...