200 f350 2 or 4 wheelabs

how do I know if I have 2 or 4 wheel abs? Once I know I need to change my wheel bearing assembly and I need to make sure I get the right part. Any tips or help.

Reply to
216

If it has front sensors , its 4 wheel

Reply to
johanb

Keep in mind i'm parts stupid, what do the sensors look like and appx. where on the axle or hub are they? Thanks

Reply to
216

Look for a wire coming off the hub, that would be the abs sensor wire. Is it a 2000 F350? not clear in subject line. If yes, you should have 4-wheel ABS. If you have auto hubs, you'll also have a vacuum line coming from the hub, assuming you meant 2000 F350.

At the risk of sounding harsh, is replacing a hub a smart job for someone who is "parts stupid" as you put it?

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Yes it is a 2000 f350 manual hubs and unfortunately I just don't know the parts/names etc. when I'm looking at them. However, I am very good with tools and can do just about anything. I just need someone else to tell me the fix. I appreciate your candor and normally I would agree that someone making that comment should not be doing this. Thanks

Reply to
216

OK, you have manual hubs, so if you have ABS there should be a wire attached to the steering knuckles. But IIRC all the Superduties had ABS, so I'm not sure why a parts supplier would have a non-ABS hub.

Remember these are sealed unit hubs as opposed to standard spindle-type hubs. I'm considering replacing mine with a spindle conversion kit.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo