2000 F-150 Recall for fire in Cruise Control

The news report I heard said that Ford would deactivate the cruise control. Does anyone know if that is true or are they going to replace the switch?

Clark

Reply to
Clark

From

The vehicles affected include 2000 model year Ford F-150s, Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators, as well as 2001 F-Series Supercrew trucks manufactured at the same time as the 2000 models, the company said in a press release.

Ford will notify about 792,000 owners to have the electrical connector from the speed control disconnected.

The company said it's in the process of acquiring a sufficient supply of replacement switches, but in the meantime is asking owners to have the speed control deactivated to avoid the risk of fire.

A second notice will be sent to owners once the replacement switches are available.

Owners of the affected vehicles will be notified by mail in the beginning of February. Customers may also contact Ford's Customer Assistance Center at (800) 392-3673.

Reply to
Donut

It looks the switch to which they refer is the one on the Brake Master Cylinder. Is this correct? Them showing the picture of the truck that caught on fire in the garage has me a little worried and I would like to disconnect it soon.

Clark

Clark

Amazing, no one wants to discuss this situation, you people must be going thru denial

Reply to
moli n ny

What's to discuss? Take your truck in if it needs to be repaired.

Reply to
Mark Jones

I tried to call my Ford dealer Friday and could not get them to answer.

Clark

Reply to
Clark

model year 2000 is just the tip of that iceberg, they are now looking at model years 1997 thru 2002 and also peeking at the Ranger.

I have a 2004 F150SC that I truely love, so far they haven't mentioned it...

Reply to
Joe G