2000 F150 Front Rotors

Hi, I have a 2000 V6 white F150 no thrills work truck (long bed, no back seat, etc). The truck now has 90K on it and the front rotors need replacing. I went to Autozone, O'Reillys and Pep Boys today without any luck.

They kept saying I had ABS or ABS on the rear which I don't. My wheel has 5 bolts.

I took some home but they had the smaller bolts (12mm I believe) so I had to return them.

Does anyone know which kind of rotors I need and where to get them? I certainly don't want to have to go to a Ford dealer and bend-over.

Thanks, Les

Reply to
Les

Did you price them from Ford? You may be surprised. OR you might try a real autoparts store. Like a Carquest or a NAPA. And chances are on a 2000 you do have at least rear antilock brakes.

Reply to
Steve Barker

I have a 2001 F150 and recently replaced the rotors. You probably have 14mm bolts. Bolt pattern should be the same though. The best way to find out if you have ABS is to look behind the front and rear rotor assembly and see if you have a wire that is connected to a sensor. If you see one, then you have ABS. HTH.

Reply to
Bong S.