2000 F350 4X4 turn switch to 4wd seems to short circuit

When the 4wd switch on the dash is turned to 4wd, the air vent switches from the dash to the floor and the automatic locking hubs don't lock. When the switch is turned to 2wd it takes a few minutes before the air vents turn back to the dash. It seems that some auto reset circuit breaker is getting tripped. Anyone have any idea as to what this may be. Don't know if this relates to the hubs not locking or if that is another problem.

Reply to
Ivey Cole

Chuck

Hubs and vents are all vaccuum operated. Either you have a vaccuum leak somewhere or the hub vaccuum switch on the passenger's side fender has gone bad, or both. When mine did this I had the vaccuum hose on the driver's side hub with a rotted end, and a bad vaccuum switch for the hubs. Total cost was under $60 and the repair was simple.

Reply to
Chris Hill

Ya'll are correct. The end of the vaccuum hose on the passenger side hub was split. As a temporary fix I cut the end off and reattached. Probably need to replace the hose. Thanks for the help.

Chris Hill wrote:

Reply to
Ivey Cole