2000 ranger fuel pump reset

My Ranger (2000 2.5 2wd) was dead until I found and reset the pump switch under the glove box. It fired right up, what was the cause for this to trip? Do I need to do more checking?

TIA, Al

Reply to
Al

Its called an intertia switch, it is supposed to "trip" in case of an accident so the fuel pump shuts off instead of spewing fuel under pressure from a ruptured fuel line,. sometimes they just pop by them selves. sometimes some smart aleck smacks the fender and trips it.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

If it hasn't reoccured since you reset it I would not worry about it, chances are someone might of accidently kicked it cause they take a fair amount of force to set off, I have hit ditches and jumped my 02' f-150 a couple of inches in the air and still have yet to trip that sensor.

Reply to
decision_impaired