2001 F-150 seat upholstery problem

I recently purchased a low-mileage, 2001 F-150 super crew with cloth seats. When purchased, the driver's seat had a small hole in the cloth.

Within two months this hole had grown to over four times the size. This morning I noticed something sharp poking me in the leg when I sat down. I looked through the hole and into the cushion, and noticed the sharp "end" of a very stiff wire. This wire is the cause of the hole and seems to be a defect.

Has anyone else had this problem, and gotten Ford to fix it? (My truck is out of warranty.) Thanks.

Henry

Reply to
Henry M

i had the exact same issue with my truck, i have a 2001 scab and i noticed a small hole also, then one day i was sitting down and i got poked in my leg big time. i pressed on the seat aroung the hole and a metal wire poked through the hole. the sping had broken and come through the upholstry. since my milage was under 36k ford replaced it at no cost to me as a waranty job. good luck.

Reply to
Joe Sumbody

Reply to
Rowbotth