2001 F-150 Supercrew Spare Tire Carrier

My wife took the truck to Goodyear for a flat tire repair. They gave the truck back to her with the spare in the truck bed, not underneath. They said the carrier mechanism is stripped and they can't put it back. I don't have access to the truck right now. Whatever the current problem, I'm just curious; are these carriers problematic?

Reply to
Bryan

Not usually. I have used mine several times on my 00 ranger and it has never given me any problems. I have noticed though that if they put the carrier down without pulling on the wire and keeping tension on it, then it can bind. So, what you might try doing is grabbing the part that catches the rim in the center, and givin it a hell of a yank. Then put the tire on it, and stretch the line out so it stays tight. Then try to reel it back in. If that dont work, talk to Goodyear about a new one, and I mean that in a stern voice. You want them to replace it, not you. It worked the last time you used it, so it should be ok now.

Reply to
pkurtz2