2001 F150 water out of tail pipe?

Hello is it normal to have alot of water comeing out of the tail pipe. almost every time I start up the turck, when left more then a hour there will be white water pouring out of the pipe, and sometimes it even steams from the catalitic converter. I don't think its condensation because it does it all the time no matter if the temp out side never changes. I have noticed this for a while now. Also my service engine light just cameon to day, but tuck still runs fine.

Some specs on my truck

2001 F150 reg cab 37000 km 4.2L V6

Please let me know what you think, Will be bring it to the garage with weeken (still got warrenty)

Reply to
Waylon

Does the "steam" smell like anti-freeze?

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 00:21:18 +0000, Spdloader rearranged some electrons to form:

Are the 4.6's known for blowing head gaskets?

Reply to
David M

no smell what so ever.

Reply to
Waylon

Would a blowen head gasket do this. The engine does sound load when starting it up, but motor is spotless, no oil marks at all. Also when I shut if off the motor always pings/hisses like water hitting an hot pipe.

Reply to
Waylon

Reply to
Michelle P