2001 Ranger Tanny slipping

I have a 2001 ford ranger. My automatic transmission is slipping slightly, I brought to a local mechanic, he sugguested draining the tranny fluid, replacing the filter screen and filling it tranny with

10w30 motor oil. He said he has done this in the past and 99% of the time this will fix the problem.

My question is, will the motor oil hurt the transmission overtime?

Reply to
fish770tim

I'd run from that mechanic.

Reply to
JimV

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 09:09:36 -0800, fish770tim rearranged some electrons to form:

Please don't feed the troll.

Reply to
David M

What is a tanny?