2002 4-Door 6 cyl. Explorer

My explorer came used without any of the tire changing items. What is the best way to get them replaced? Junkyard, generic replacement or dealer? Jack, lug wrench, tire lowering tool, etc..

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance

Reply to
VJF

My personal experience with factory jacks is that they are generally dismal. I'd suggest you get a decent X type tire wrench; it allows you to apply quite a bit more force on the lug nuts so you can break loose the nuts. A junk yard might be a good place to look for a 'decent' jack, I'm sure they would have something suitable.

I don't know what a tire lowering tool is...unless you are telling us that your spare rides underneath the vehicle. You'll have to figure out that issue on your own.

Reply to
Advocate