2002 F150 5.4 Triton V8 accessories?

I'm looking for the best place to find performance accessories for my 2002 F150, 5.4L Triton V8. It runs good, but I'm wondering where the best place is to find add on's for easy added HP. I've seen the K&N air filter system, any other ideas would be appreciated.......................

thnx snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
CommCtr1

My 1998 F150 5.4L Triton V-8 picked up some ponies from a 3" Summit Racing exhaust system, a K&N FIPK kit and a Powerade throttle body spacer.

Later... Grant

Git-R-Done!!!

Darrell Russell (1968-2004)

Reply to
Forcefan83

Thanks Grant, I appreciate it.................. I drove one of the 5.7L Hemi's and what a difference from the 5.4L Ford!

Reply to
CommCtr1

hey try diablosport.com made a huige difference.. gotta burn the better fuel though :)

Reply to
Mercury

I assume, then, you had it dyno'd and can back that up? At least with the exhaust, the extra dirt allowed in by the K&N that doesn't stay in the engine would exit faster...

TB spacers don't really do anything for a multiport FI engine, except to make the owner's wallet lighter. Sorry.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

so matt....

you mean to tell me that all the high flow air filters are nothing more then a hoax...? i say (BULL)

I have installed a k&N on my 2003 f250 and I like it... theres no noticable dust entering the intake tube... and I have better gas milege... done from many tests of filling and running of fuel then filling and getting an average... my average MPG went up by 1.2MPG where it was high 12's now im at 14

I guess youll never know for sure because youre scared of "dirt" which is not proven that it lets more dirt in either... show me proof i got mine

I guess you would say that an aftermarket exahust doesnt do anything either?

how about a performance MAF sensor or a performance programmer?

Are they all hoaxes too?

Reply to
Mercury

You probably don't remember the other thread where the K$N was discussed ad nausem.

You do get higher airflow with a K&N, but it filters less, no matter what hype you've bought into. Check your intake tube when it's time to clean your filter. Is your tube made of metal? Dust will probably adhere to plastic better, as it did in my Jeep Wrangler when I had my K&N replacement OE filter installed.

The exhaust will have an effect too, but the placement of that effect in the powerband is usually too high to to do any real good, and may even reduce low-end torque. IMHO cat-back exhausts aren't worth the money unless you replace the manifold as well, and the poster's suggestions didn't specify what components of the exhaust were replaced.

And the TB spacer just looks pretty, it does NOTHING for a multi-port fuel injected engine. It has some benefit on a carb'd engine, less in a TBI engine, but all it does on a MPI engine is lighten the owner's wallet.

Responder didn't mention performance MAF sensors or programmers, so I didn't talk about them. Reprogrammers probably can have the most effect on engine power output, at the expense of fuel mileage and engine longevity.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

I installed a cat back system...and I'm telling you that it DID make a difference. Once again, thank you for making me look like an idiot for adding these things to my truck. I was trying to help the poor guy make a decision by telling him what I had done to my truck.

Later... Grant

Git-R-Done!!!

Darrell Russell (1968-2004)

Reply to