2002 F150 5.4L fails to start warm - dealer service blows!

I love my truck, but about five times in the 2.5 years I've owned it it fails to start when warm, once or twice after very short drives. 1/2 hour later it starts on the first hit. It's just about like clockwork, 1/2 hour and no problems. I've had it into the dealer three times and (surprise!!) they can't reproduce the problem and won't do a damn thing to it. I'm just about to the point to having it towed into the dealership every week (even if the problem hasn't happened) until they agree to do something about it before it goes out of warranty. Does anyone have any suggestions on what the problem is or how to get Ford to do something about it???

Thanks,

Bob K.

P.S. I did call roadside assistance the first two times but by the time they got there it would start.

Reply to
bobukcat

Chuck

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll be lucky if I can get them to replace anything though, they won't do a damn thing since they can't reproduce it. I've just written a nasty letter to their service manager and one for Ford's customer service folks too, I just need to figure out where to send the second one.

Thanks again.

(surprise!!)

Reply to
bobukcat

Your best bet is to take it to another dealer. Also, be sure to keep detailed notes of all interactions, phone calls, comments, etc.

Reply to
Randy

The dealer had it again this week (it failed to start after I stopped to buy beer Wed. night, good thing I had a couple of cold ones to drink while waiting for the tow truck!!) and called me this afternoon to come get it, still unable to reproduce the problem. 10 minutes later they called me back and finally got it to fail - turns out it was the fuel pump. Of course they have to order the pump so I still won't have back it until Monday at the earliest but at least it FINALLY failed for them.

Hopefully they'll remember this if anyone else has a similar problem.

Bob K.

Reply to
bobukcat