2002 Ford Ranger Edge clicking when heat/air is on

I have been hearing a rather loud click from the front end only when I have the heat/air on. The click is louder when the heat is on and seems to be at a constant interval and usually happens every 30-60 seconds. I have heard people say that the compressor might be making that noise. Is this normal, and is it ok for it to be rather loud? Thanks for all the help!

Tony

Reply to
Shakieh31

Well, when the compressor clicks on, it does a kind of clank more that click, but is it was the compressor, the interval should change depending on you temperature settings or the outside air temp. You could always watch it engage and see if the sound came from there.

Clark

Shakieh31 wrote:

Reply to
Clark

Had the same problem with a Camaro...your distributuion fan's bearings are going out if like mine.

bradtx

Reply to
bradtx