2003 E450 Transmission problem

I wonder if anyone has heard of the following problem with the Ford 4R100 transmission. I just purchased a C Class Motorhome built on the E450 chassis and at 300 miles on the odometer a whine developed at approx. 45 mph in OD if I shifted out of OD or if I released the accelerator the whine disappeared. Ford dealer has diagnosed the problem as a defective planetary gear. The dealer in fact had trouble pinpointing the problem and I was told that the Service Dept. had to place a call to the "Ford Hotline" about the issue and they came up with the diagnosis. Vehicle is now at dealer ship with trans out. Anyone out there with similar problem?

Reply to
GWM

Is your cat still in the house?

Sorry I coulden't resist.