2003 F-150 Seat Belts Too Tight

I tried to find something via Google regarding my question but I found nothing so I thought I'd ask the group.

For business reasons, I've leased F-150's for the past 6 years. I've had a

1997, a 2000, and now a 2003. All were supercabs, XLT, 4X4 etc. I'm not sure when they did it between my 2000 model and the 2003 model but they have changed the seat belt mountings. Before the shoulder portion with the retractor was mounted above the back seat door on the ceiling. My 2003 has the shoulder belt coming out of the back of the seat, ala most convertibles. While I enjoy this free access to the back seat (no seat belts to push out of the way) I find this set-up to be too tight on my shoulders. I'm constantly pulling on it to relieve the tension. My dealer told me to get used to it, but after 5 months, I still find it irritating. I've thought of putting some sort of a clip over the belt to prevent it from fully retracting tightly over my shoulder but I presume that if I did that the belt would not fully retract when I exit the vehicle, resulting in the door being shut on the dangling seat belt.

Anybody else annoyed by this? Any solutions?

-- "When you argue with a fool be sure he is not similarly occupied."

See how the Pros get more POWER!

Alan S. Wales

Not too long ago snipped-for-privacy@aol.compost (Alan S. Wales) typed these words:

Damned annoyed by this too! Comfort is one of the main reasons that people are resistant to wearing seat belts. In some states trucks, pick- ups included, are exempt from wearing seat belts! (Indiana is one) Either get used to it or stop wearing the seat belt. Too bad there is not a seat belt for them without the shoulder harness. I can't imagine that it is needed with the air bag too.

Reply to
wß