2003 Ford F350 4x4

Can you put LT285/75/16 tires on a F350 4x4 with no side effects. Tires rubbing, anti lock messed up, big loss of power and so on?

Reply to
Duckrun

I mounted a set of these on my Super Duty last summer with no problems. I'm using the factory wheels and clearances aren't even close. I did notice a decrease in performance with the effective gearing change, but the V-10 handles it OK. (I'm running 4.3 diff gears.) Gas mileage took a noticable hit too.

Matt

99 V-10 Super Duty, Super Cab 4x4
Reply to
Matt Mead

Question.

Since you said your tires changed the gearing, did you recalibrate your speedometer? If not, then is your fuel mileage accurate? If your speedo is off then so will be your fuel mileage by the same increment.

This is a valid question, not a flame. I'm really just curious.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

I didn't physically have the speedometer recalibrated, but I did the recalculations using mile markers and speed to see what my correction is. From there I applied it to determine my new mpg numbers.

Previously my overhead console mpg counter was dead on, with an error rate of less than .5 mpg. (Yes, I had compared it manually numerous times to determine that.) Now I have to apply a correction to it and mostly just use it to see if I'm driving "nice" and if my mpg remains ballpark.

Matt

99 V-10 Super Duty, Super Cab 4x4
Reply to
Matt Mead

I got it. Thanks.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

My overhead has never even been close. I keep a log for the truck and calculate MPG at each fill. The overhead says 10.1 but my logbook and my calculator says 9.2 to 9.7 pretty regurlarly, regardless of how I drive.

If memory serves, the overhead displays an average, not as "as you go" value. Since my log book goes back to 9-19-2001, I'd say its average is way the hell off. :)

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego