2004 f150 needs diet NY folks question???

Just picked up my new f150 fx4 super cab.. However I could not transfer my old Dakota passenger plates.. The f150 weighs in at 5300 lbs.. In NY the cut off to get passenger plates is 5000 lbs.. Has anyone in Ny figured out a way to get the truck to shed 300 lbs?? I figure the tail gate is worth 100 lbs the spare tire another 50 lbs.. I could always pull the leather seats and put milk crates in it then get it weighed.. If somebody has found a better way around this stupid NYS loophole let me know.. Pretty sad that a ford excursion with the big Diesel moter can run on the parkway!!!! Thanks Iceman

Reply to
Trympht595

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 02:22:33 +0000, Trympht595 rearranged some electrons to form:

make sure the gas tank is near empty also.

Reply to
David M

transfer my old

It doesn't really matter what you have it weighed at. Whatever the title says, that is what you must live with.

Reply to
Tyrone

Wouldn't that be really sad if you lived just off the parkway?

-D (another New Yorker, who lives neary the parkway and will likely be moving a little farther outside town and right by the parkway; fortunately my old F150 is 3600 pounds, and so has passenger plates)

Reply to
Derrick 'dman' Hudson