2004 Ranger Questions

I posted about a week ago on advise on buying truck. I ended up buying a

2004 Ranger super, automatic with overdrive, V6, 305. Has 25,750 miles . Couple of questions. Are there any known issues with this model, anything I should keep any eye on. Secondly, truck was bought from reputable local car dealer, not ford dealership. He said to take to ford service center before my warranty expires and they will go thru and replace anything they think it needs free of charge. Is this true, or do I need to be having trouble to get them to replace something. Guess I have three questions. Sticker on window says oil just recently changed with synthectic. Do I need to stick with this or regular oil just as good. Thanks a lot.
Reply to
Larry

if u keep them up,, i cant think of things that go wrong with rangers,,

Reply to
bh--

"Do I need to stick with this or regular oil just as good. Thanks a lot."

You don't need to stick with the synthetic, but it is a superior oil for numerous reasons, and fact that it can last longer means its a better value than it appears... however, I'd say as long as you change reg oil by every 4,000miles it won't make much of a difference since truck engines seem to tolerate more abuse than other car/vehicle engines. If you're putting greater strains on vehicle... towing or load weight... or you drive your truck really fast, then I'd consider synthetic. If I can give you some totally unrelated advice... get a K and N air filter... a permanent one... they are expensive, but they make sense for numerous reasons... even better airflow will increase fuel economy. jeff

Reply to
proteus

That's a pretty accurate statement! Maintenance is very important, however.

Reply to
proteus