2005 4wd f250 tire recommendations please

Ok Guys looking to buy some new tires for a stock 2005 f250 4wd They have the 17 inch rims. What are the sizes I can squeeze onto the rims and under the fenders I like BFG All Terrains for wear. I live in North East PA and get some reasonable snow Any recommendations or ideas Thanks Doug

Reply to
r392

Since you like the BFG A/T KO, then that's what you should buy.

If you select an option that is more than about 2" larger diameter than stock, you'll need to consider a lift kit and perhaps a gear change. You should be able to fit another inch of width without any trouble.

What tire size do you have today?

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I had 295/75R17 BFG AT/KO tires on my now sold '02 F250 and had zero clearance issues. There wasn't any need to regear but I did install a Superlift True Speed speedo calibrator. You could probably go up to 305's but you may get some clearance issues when the front wheels are turned.

Matt Macchiarolo