2005 F-250 Mileage

I was wondering what average mileage the 2005 F-250 diesel is getting combined city/highway with no load or tow? Mike

Reply to
Mike

I have a '05 Crew cab, short bed, 4x4, Torqshift.

I'm getting an average of around 17-19mpg on freeway trips cruisin' around

65-70mph. Local, around town driving seems to quickly bring the average down to the 15-16 range.

If I wasn't so heavy footed I know I could do better. Still, that's way better than my old 1998 Dodge RAM 1500 (with a 5.2L gasser V8)... best I ever saw on that was 14.2mpg!

On a 200 mile trip from sea level to 6,000ft (highest elev reached ~7,200ft) I get about 15-16mpg up the hill (speeds 65-85mph) and 20+ coming back down. That's with pretty much no load. MPG seems to be improving as the engine breaks in. Currently showing just under 4,000 miles on the odometer.

tonyB.

Reply to
Tony B.