2005 Ford Ranger

Will there be anything new in 2005 for the Ranger?

Reply to
randy1128

Probably a bold new grille texture, since the grille shape itself was heavily revised for '04. Seriously, from what I've read, the Ranger won't be redone until '06 at the earliest. Ford is not doing us small-truck fans any favors. The new Nissan Frontier is supposed to be out next year with a

245HP 4.0 engine, clean new styling and a slightly larger size...will at least give Ford a decent target to aim for instead of that lame 5-cylinder ugly duckling Colorado.

jp

Reply to
Psych-O-Delic Voodoo Thunder Pig

The Ranger would be trick with either of the following, a) a supercharged V8 or b) a turbo diesel, preferably an inline 6

Reply to
Reece Talley

The Colorado/Canyon is one ugly truck isn't it. But then again most GMs are.

SMC

Reply to
MOTO

It sure is. It also appears to be a POS. I think GM really dropped the ball on this one. The new Nissan Frontier with a 6 speed manual is gonna spank all of compacts.

Reply to
Rob Munach

The spy pictures I've seen of the new Frontier look really good. With the extra power and size it seems like it should be the best small truck around, if they get the details right. I saw an extended cab Colorado at the auto show in February; I could not believe how crappy the interior was. And the exterior styling is just as ugly in person as in the pictures. My '97 Sonoma was a Mercedes compared to that thing. I feel sorry for anybody dumb enough to buy one. Until I can compare the new Frontier and the new for '06/07/08? Ranger I'll have to continue enjoying my '03 Ranger FX4, which is quickly becoming my favorite of all the vehicles I've ever owned, and that's a pretty good compliment from a former GM fan.