2006 f250 How do I disable the Seatbelt Alarm

I have a need to disable the seatbelt Chime anybody know how to do this permanently Thanks Doug

Reply to
r392

Hack and reprogram the computer

Reply to
Ralph E Lindberg

Put the belt on?

The belts -- the switch that detects them being used -- is tied into the air bag system. Disabling the belt warning can set you up to disable the airbag system too.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Download your manual here. It explains the procedure. It's the first "mod" I do to a Ford vehicle.

Pounds on Wood

You want easy?

Stop by any Ford dealer and ask the service department to do it, it takes a couple minutes and they will gladly do it for you for free...

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

I'd bet mine wouldn't.

Reply to
Rob

Thats too bad...

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

Given today's sue happy society, look at it from the dealer's stand point, The main reason people would want the the thing disabled is because they dont want to wear a seatbelt when driving. Vehicle is involved in an accident resulting in the drivers death. Survivor's find person who hit dearly departed has no insurance. Dealership who disabled the seat belt reminder becomes the deep pockets to go after.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Christ, I'm glad I do't live in your world. My Ford dealer will and has done it for me...

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

I spoke out a bit early. I have a '97 F150, and I had not noticed that my seat belt chime is inoperative. I just bought the truck used, and I was not even aware that the seat belt warning was not working. I wonder if the air bag works. Hmmm ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Reply to
Chuck