2007 F250 Questions

I'm in process of buying a 2007 F250 4x4 standard cab and have a couple questions:

1) Truck is standard with 16x7 wheels and 245/75/16 tires. Can someone tell me how much larger tires will fit comfortably (ie. no contact with chassis/wheel wells under any conditions).

2) I will replace the standard AM/FM/CD. This unit looks larger than a standard DIN-size radio. Is it, and if so what size is it?

3) How easy/difficult is it to replace the door speakers. Do the door panels have to be removed?

Thanks - Gus

Reply to
gus

Well, I know the front suspension changed a couple of years back which might affect the size tire the new trucks will take, but I doubt it. (There looks to be the same amount of room on new vs old.)

My 99 came stock with 265 75R/16s and I moved up to 285 75R/16s when they finally (90K miles!) wore out. I've heard of people running 305s and even 315s on stock trucks too, but they gotta rub at some point I'm sure. Anything larger than the 285s should also be on a wider than stock rim according to the specs I've read.

Anyway, the 285s on mine fit nice and don't rub.

Matt

99 V-10 Super Duty, Super Cab 4x4
Reply to
Matt Mead

Ford sized. If you can't get a factory radio you are happy with....

Reply to
Ralph E Lindberg