3 inch lift installed, SMOG pump hitting hose

Cant get the bottom radatior hose out of the way. Any ideas on what i need to replace it with? I cant drive my truck! PLEASE HELP!

-Ben

Reply to
Ben Witek

A body lift 'eh. Lifts the rad but not the engine. Find a more suitable hose at the parts store, formed differently to clear the pump. In the mean time get a mitfull of zip ties and zip it out of the way as best you can. Good luck.

Reply to
Luke

Take the smog pump off if you don't have any smog regulations where you live. It doesn't effect the way the engine runs at all. Wait though, what year is your truck? Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Zip-ties? :( What's happened to this country that baling wire has been replaced by zip-ties for a temporary fix? :/

Alvin in AZ

Reply to
alvinj

Well granted, wire and duct tape have their places waiting in the quick fix hall of fame. : )

Reply to
Luke

Put it back down where it belongs. There, problem solved. And the truck is safe for the road again as an added bonus.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Better yet, lift it higher and get an even longer hose! Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

You can buy a lowering kit that will lower the truck about 3". That should solve the problem.

Reply to
Sudoxe

| You can buy a lowering kit that will lower the truck about 3". That | should solve the problem. | |

No, it won't. A lowering kit is in the suspension, nothing to do with the body or engine bay. Only way to fix it is... A) Move the hose B) Take out the body lift C) Remove the pump

Reply to
Luke

I think "B" was what the previous poster was alluding to...if not, it was a pretty good unintentional tongue-in-cheek!

Gerard

Reply to
geewhiz

Thanks for clarifying the point I was attempting to make. Some people just don't appreciate subtle humor.

Reply to
Sudoxe

D'oh......... :/

| > > No, it won't. A lowering kit is in the suspension, nothing to do | with the | > > body or engine bay. Only way to fix it is... | > > A) Move the hose | > > B) Take out the body lift | > > C) Remove the pump | >

| > I think "B" was what the previous poster was alluding to...if not, it | was a | > pretty good unintentional tongue-in-cheek! | >

| > Gerard | > -- | | Thanks for clarifying the point I was attempting to make. Some people | just don't appreciate subtle humor. | |

Reply to
Luke

Dumb people, like Luke.

Reply to
Sudoxe

Sorry. I couldn't see your subtle facial expressions, with your head so far up your arse. Asshat.

| | Dumb people, like Luke. | |

Reply to
Luke

Apparently you suffer from anal dyslexia also. What you perceive as others with their head buried, is really you, with your head firmly planted up your ass.

Reply to
Sudoxe

Both of you suffer from CRI. Cranio-Rectal-Insertion

Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

to...if

And you are so friggin' dumb that you don't know that the word is

*cranial*. I guess that puts you and Luke with your heads up each other's asses. How does it taste in there?
Reply to
Sudoxe

How about lowering the rad 3" and than you can use the shroud again.

Reply to
BOSS

Who lit the fuse on your tampon? Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Blah blah blah.... I come around for sharing and exchanging information. If you want to cut jokes find another forum. You're still an Asshat, and not very witty if that's the best you can come up with.