351 c

Im building my first 351 cleavland, for my 67 f100. In tearing down and cleaning today, I noticed a considerable large hole, possibly a large oil passage to the front of engine, under intake above lifter holes. This oil hole is supposed to be there, but seems to be somewhat cracked around the edges, and looks like it was forcibly opened, or enlarged more than it should be. No indication of damage anywhere, and engine ran great before teardown, no noise, leaks or burning. This hole is located just above cam holes in block, under intake, just above lifters in block. Pic can be posted if needed, but thought id ask first. Ive never noticed an enlarged oil passage like this in any other Ford engines, and am wondering if this should be corrected. Im assuming that its supposed to be there, just making sure nothing is wrong. TIA

Reply to
runningwater

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 16:27:22 -0400, runningwater rearranged some electrons to form:

oil gallery plug fell out?

Reply to
David M

Yes that hole is there to allow oil to flow over the timing chain and back into the oil pan. For some reason it is like someone took a hammer to make the hole larger. Mine is the same way.

Reply to
Doc

Reply to
runningwater

Yes, i've seen that also, looked like the samurai assembly worker was on the line that day

Reply to
Dave Lee