351W crossover pipe for 81 E150?

My 81 E150 w/351W needs a new crossover pipe, which I'm told is no longer available. The pipe and the converter were separate. On the 82 & up to (?) the converter is a part of the crossover pipe, sold as a unit.

Will this fit my 81? Has anyone had experience with this situation? Thanks in advance

Reply to
thomas graham

Any decent muffler shop can build that for you.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Screw the OEM parts. Hit up your local reputable (i.e. not Midas or similar chains) muffler shop and have them bend/weld one up for you

Reply to
invalid unparseable

But I don't want to pay a fortune to have someone do it.

I can get the 82 pipe with cat converter for under $200 and if I can adapt it, install it myself.

Is there that great of a difference in the 81 & 82 E150 body/chassis that the pipe can't be adapted?

Reply to
thomas graham

I doubt it'd cost $200... My local guy did a manifold back exhaust on my '02 SuperDuty with a new cat and a big ol' Flowmaster muffler for $600.. A simple Y pipe couldn't be a third of that cost..

Reply to
invalid unparseable

But that is theY pipe plus the Cat and the part that goes into the muffler, all in one piece. Not OEM. but aftermarket at trade price.

Reply to
thomas graham

Again.. From the manifolds back, new cat, new Flowmaster muffler custom Y pipe $600. Hell, the muffler alone was over $200... Hey, it's your wallet. A drive to the local muffler shop won't cost but a few bucks in gas.

Reply to
invalid unparseable