4.6L Misfiring 2000 Expedition

For the guys on the Explorer Newsgroup, sorry for the double-post.

The truck I need help with is a 00 Expedition, 4.6L with 49,300 miles on it. Regular maintenance performed. No major problems what so ever till today.

All of the sudden, during acceleration today the car hesitated, had this sudden vibration. The Service Engine Light came on. I drove it to AutoZone to pull the code. The code read a miss-fire in Cylinder # 8. (not sure of the exact code #, but that's what the handy reference book translated the code into) They suggested I have the plugs replaced. Sounds cool.

My question is- is this a common problem on the Ford 4.6L V8 (regarding spark plugs needing replacement)

I've had some suggestions already that it could be a coil (cop) on Cyl. # 8.

Thanks everyone in advanced for any ideas, suggestions, solutions.

Hope everyone is doing great out there.

Erik

Reply to
VTREV

[...]

Vincent Vega

I also had that exact problem on a 4.6l '00 f-150. There was simply water and some dirt in the spark plug well. I have a code reader and it indicated misfire #8. Somehow condensation or some other source of moisture tends to get in to #8. Anyway, a simple cleaning and drying fixed it. It is easier to get in there if you remove the fuel rail. No big deal.

Les

All of the sudden, during acceleration today the car hesitated, had this sudden vibration. The Service Engine Light came on. I drove it to AutoZone to pull the code. The code read a miss-fire in Cylinder # 8. (not sure of the exact code #, but that's what the handy reference book translated the code into) They suggested I have the plugs replaced. Sounds cool.

My question is- is this a common problem on the Ford 4.6L V8 (regarding spark plugs needing replacement)

I've had some suggestions already that it could be a coil (cop) on Cyl. # 8.

Thanks everyone in advanced for any ideas, suggestions, solutions.

Hope everyone is doing great out there.

Erik

Reply to
Leslie M. Watts