4.6L performance question:

I have a 2002 F150 Sport and would like to add dual exhaust and change the computer settings so that it acts sportier and is not limited to 95mph top speed.

Can anyone recommend a nice cat back dual exhaust that has a deep throaty growl but is not too noisy on the highway.

Also, those superchip compture things; can you just plug them in and change the program anytime you like? Can you tune one way for long highway drives and another for hi-octane fooling around? Conversely, if you bought a Lightning but wanted to run low octane for awhile to save a few bucks could you do that too?

Once you buy it can you change your buddys setting also?

Thanks,

neil

Reply to
BCcubed

Sure you could run low octane in the Lightning to save a few bucks on gas but you will spend more when it comes time to replace the supercharger, that is of course you have a supercharged version?

And yes you can just plug them in and change when ever you want. I don't recommend it because sometimes the EEPROM that you are programming will not program anymore just from being flashed so much.

Jerry P

Reply to
Jerry P

Jerry,

Thanks for the input. I have much more to learn. I was back at the dealer today looking at that lightning. Damn that truck is gorgeous.

I am having my truck detailed on Wednesday and have to decide to put a cat back and chip it or just trade it in and get the lightning. How would low octane cook a supercharger? Any idea where I could learn more?

thanks,

Neil

Reply to
BCcubed

Reply to
coryrhonda

Directly it won't cook it, but the extra amounts of carbon from the engine not firing properly don't help them very much.

Jerry P

Reply to
Jerry P

Thanks Jerry,