4 point socket for draining coolent?

I am trying to drain the coolent on my 2001 F150 V6. On the engine block is a 4 point 3/8" bolt. Because of the location, I could not get a wrench around it and get enough leverage to unscrew it. I tried a 7/16" 12 point socket, but it didn't budge. Any suggestions? Can I get the bolt from a Ford dealer? Also, what about the other side of the block, where a male hex is needed? Any place to buy that?

Deez

Reply to
spamgeorge

Why bother with this? I'm sure you have your reasons, but they're not obvious. Normally I would just not care enough to worry about 1 (let alone

2!) drains in the engine block.

You can buy a square socket at Sears. In fact, most of the mechanics sets come with a 3/8 square, and it's one of those things you never use.

Reply to
Joe