4 spd auto trans for older Ford trucks w/460 engine

I have a Motorhome built on a 1986 Ford E-350 chassis with a 460 engine. It has a C6 Trans and turns about 3000 rpm at 65 MPH. I want to switch to the newer 4 spd overdrive trans ( E4OD? ) and understand this can be done with the help of a computer thingy that controls the shifts. Can anyone help me locate what I need to do the job? Anyone have any experience with this? snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net

Reply to
nsherida

Take a look at Baumann Brothers over in Anderson, SC. They have done a lot with the controls

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

I think that's baumannengineering.com and they do make the thingy in question, but don't hold me to it.

Reply to
Joe