4R70W Trans Filter

Anyone have experience changing the filter on a Ford 4R70W F-150 transmission. Only filters I have changed were Turbo 400 and Turbo

350... They were pretty straight forward. Suggestions ??
Reply to
75yrs.experience

On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 12:31:35 -0400, 75yrs.experience rearranged some electrons to say:

There's nothing special about it. Remove the pan, pull the old filter out, put the new one in. Clean the metal sludge from the pan, put it back on, fill it back up.

To minimize the mess, I liked to disconnect the cooler output line and run the engine a minute or so to pump a lot of the fluid out before dropping the pan.

Reply to
david