5 speed manual trany change out

I have a 1991 F150 two wheel drive truck I Changed the transmission 5 speed manual I replaced it with one from a 1990 F150 every thing fit good but now i can not seem to get the clutch to disingauge completly to get it into gear is it just air in the hydrolic clutch or is it something more. Is there a trick to getting the air from the clutch out ? I just dont seem to have good pedal when pushing it down. HELP!!

Reply to
JJ1

Did you bleed it?

Reply to
JimV

yes i did how much should it take

Reply to
JJ1

How did you bleed it? A hand held vacuum pump would be good. Pumping the pedal doesn't usually work well. Gravity usually works OK for the patient.

Reply to
JimV