67 Ranchero UPDATE!

Goodness folks, this was a GREAT night indeed!!!

It finally cooled down here so we could again work on the Ranchero. I had received the new ignition switch and keys long ago, but the heat wave kept us inside simply dreaming of the work to be done.

Tonight, we went out to the Ranchero and installed the switch. It is so much more exciting to turn the engine over with the KEYS!!! And, the heater fan works, 1 of the 2 horns works marginally, but it works, radio works, wipers work, right turn signal flashes, left is stuck on. Hazards don't work, but that's OK - we won't need them once she is on the road! Of course, we will fix them anyhow, JUST IN CASE...

I ordered a replacement ignition coil, but it is too long. So, we reinstalled the original for now.

It is SOOOOOOOO cool to have so much working on this car after it sat for 24 years. We are still amazed at all that is functioning.

Well, that is it for now.

Next steps are; Replace all fuel lines - Saturday Fuel Pump - Saturday Carburetor - Saturday Coil, points, condenser - Saturday See if we have a spark - Saturday

Will the engine actually RUN??? I dunno... stay tuned to find out!

Ciao! TAZ

Check our site for updates this weekend -

WTFO wrote: >> Hi all, >> >> Just got the Ranchero home. It has been sitting under a group of pine >> trees for, are you ready... >> >> 24 years! >> >> We had it towed on a flatbed to our home, and here are a few pix of it >> after she came home. >> >>
Wow! That a beauty. Congratulations. > jor >
Reply to
theshootingsports