7.3 Diesel chip advice

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on an aftermarket chip? Lots available, not sure which to use?

03 F350 dually 4Door Std Trans. Pulling a 36 foot trailer with race car, would like some extra power when towing, but ability to turn it off. Any suggestions? mileage difference? problems? Thanks
Reply to
dave

A buddy of mine had a "Banks" on his 2000 truck. I think it was

150HP. Ran like a rocket.

His wife, going to get groceries, driving in town, puked the motor at an intersection. Somewhat of an emergency, the cops insisted it be towed now! Gal had no clue, had it towed to dealer.

Dealer scanned the chip, voided entire drive train warrantee!

be careful...........

Reply to
Peter Arnold

And for a first hand story....not something that happened to a buddy..... I have 180,000 miles on my 2000 Superduty Powerstroke, most of the miles running a Superchips Micro Tuner. Zero problems with engine (well, a water pump and lower alternator were replaced). The SCMT pugs into the OBDII port and takes 5 minutes to load the program you want. Want to take it to the dealer for waraanty work? Plug the tuner back in and restore the factory program. No trace is left, other than showing a dead battery code. No pulling the ECM out, no problems with connections on the chips, etc. YOU MUST HAVE GAUGES TO RUN EXTRA HP!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN TOAST THE ENGINE IN NO TIME!!!!

Reply to
bomar

Reply to
dave